Sunday, February 02, 2014

Christmas!

Just a few iPhone photos of December around the house! We had fun looking for the elf each morning and watching our new vintage tinsel tree turn colors! We also picked out a nice real tree which made the house smell like Christmas!

iPhone Christmas Captures

We love having hot chocolate around the fireplace while we read our Christmas stories!

Hot Chocolate prep
Hot Chocolate

I love the panorama feature on the iPhone. This gives you an idea of what the house looks like during the holidays minus the real tree that I was standing in front of!

Panorama

I just had to find a tinsel tree and color wheel this year. My grandmother had one when I was little and I remember loving the colors. After searching high and low, I found one. It was still in it's original 1965 packaging and although it isn't quite as nice and full as my grandmother's, I still love it!

My new jewel
Tinsel Tree
Tinsel Tree

The girls wanted our other tree to be colorful so they decorated it with colored lights and a variety of colorful ornaments!

Colorful Christmas Tree

Sweet girls reading Christmas stories by the fire...

Christmas Stories
Reading by the fire

Stella's ninja bread woman...

Stella's ninja bread man

Eva's ninja bread man...

Eva's ninja bread man

Christmas tree lighting and festivities in downtown Blue Ridge, GA

Blue Ridge Tree Lighting

Visiting Santa

Sweet girls + Santa

Nope, we're not too old to sit on Santa's lap!

Santa, I've been good!
Rudolph Balloon
Happy girls!

Christmas Eve! What a great day! We woke up and did a few things in the morning before opening presents. The kids stayed in their PJs ALL day and played, relaxed, snuggled, watched movies and of course, opened presents!

Toys!
So excited
Happy girl!
Presents!
Loving her new scarf / hat
New hat fun
Cutie opening presents
Happy girls
New hat / scarf combo
Monkey girl

What a surprise!!

David Yurman

Lots of love and big hugs :-)

Big Thank You Hugs!

The boys worked hard putting the Monster High house together while the girls played and I started dinner...and mimosas!

Working hard
Hard at work
Christmas mimosas

The kids requested dumplings (potstickers) for Christmas Eve dinner so we had dumplings, long beans and quail eggs. Guess we may have a new tradition!

Quail Eggs

I made dark chocolate peppermint bark while the kids watched Mary Poppins!

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Christmas Movie Time

Why not end the Christmas post with a photo taken by my friend, Brent Morris...Santa Bar Crawl 2013!

Santa Bar Crawl

No comments: