Sunday, January 23, 2011

Surprise!

I spend a lot of time at home. Obviously, much more time than when I worked in an office. That combined with the fact that I haven't lived in one location longer than 3 years (other than growing up), I am starting to get very antsy. Originally, we were on a 5 year plan...absolutely sure that we would then move to NYC or Boston. The south has clearly grown on us and we now can't really imagine leaving. Well, even though we love the south and our house, I'm still antsy. It seemed like a good idea to change something in the house and I decided to do it while Todd was in Boulder on business for 4 days.

Surprise, the house is no longer beige, it's gray - Martha Stewarts Opal to be exact!

Paint Job

Paint Job

Paint Job

Paint Job

Paint Job

I have to say, it feels much brighter and much cleaner. I moved some art around as well...

Over the piano:

Family Portrait 2009

The watercolors that my mom painted stayed in the same location, but they look even better on the gray background!

Watercolors

Stella on canvas now resides in our dining room:

Stella Canvas

It definitely inspires me to shoot more black and whites of the kids to hang up!

No comments: