Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thanksgiving

So much to be thankful for this year...

We had a great Thanksgiving with friends this year. Todd did all the cooking, which I love. His menu for this year included an 18 pound brined turkey, pear + chestnut + sage dressing, green bean casserole, cranberry + quince sauce, sweet potato pudding with pecan + gingersnap topping, brussels sprouts with marjoram + pine nuts, and finally, mashed potatoes. It was fabulous, as always.

Our friends were in charge of some other goodies including pies. Cat brought pumpkin and apple, while David brought his famous chocolate chess pie. I was also introduced to jello fruit salad. I have to say, it's tasty!

The storyboard below is all stuff from the kids' table. We had 7 little ones, so they had their own table, which was fun.

Thanksgiving Table for Kids

Since Todd refuses to use anything from a can, his Thanksgiving ingredients are always exciting!

Fresh fall ingredients

I knew I wouldn't have time to shoot his masterpieces once they were ready, so I had to settle for some shots of 'food in progress.'

Thanksgiving meal in progress

A little something to wash it all down...

Thanksgiving cheer

My favorite style of art from one of my favorite artists - Stella:

Turkey Hand

Since I didn't cook at all, I had to try to get at least a little creative with the leftovers. They said they wanted turkey sandwiches. No one was amused, except me.

Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments: